Saturday, November 19, 2011

Laura Howard

    My mom has been there for me since day one and although it sounds cheesy, it's true.  It's not easy being a single mother of two teenagers and I think I take the things she does for me for granted sometimes.  There has never been a Christmas without an overflowing amount of presents or a birthday without an amazing party and I thank her for that.
    Not only is she a great mom, but she is also a very caring individual.  A few years ago, when we found out that my neighbors were living without electricty, my mom gladly offered to pitch in for them to get what they needed.  Also, she is a pre-school teacher at a school where some of the children's families are less fortunate.  Year after year, my mom buys them clothes if they are in need of them and does everything she can to make sure every child feels safe at school.
    Although she and I look nothing alike, our personalities can be the same at times.  We are both very strongheaded and in disagreements and we always have to have the last word.
    My mom has taught my sister and I very important life lessons.  She raised us well and has made us better people throughout the years.  I strive to make her proud because it's the least i could do after everything she's done for me.  As the years go on, I know my mom will always be the first person I go to with anything and everything.  She's inspired me in many ways and I hope to someday follow in her footsteps.

4 comments:

  1. I love your take on family. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my mom are really close two, and shes a single mom with two daughters too! I know what you mean about following great people in their footsteps. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw i love laura! all of this is so true, and even though at times it was probably a struggle for her to do it all on her own, she never lets it show. she doesn't make you guys worry or feel like its your fault or you did anything wrong and i love that. i also love how even though your parents are divorced you can stil be a family. your dad is always over there and they never fight or anything, even if they want to kill each other they'd never show it. next time you and your mom fight remember how much she goes through at times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can completely relate to this. I take my mom for granted sometimes too. Your mom sounds so sweet! And i know she loves you more then anything! :) i love your writing.

    ReplyDelete