Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mike Howard

        "Little Mike" is the nickname my great aunt gave me from a very early becuase I am a spitting image of my dad.  Not only do we look alike but we have a lot of the same personality traits as well.  We're very welcoming people and although we may not admit it, we'd do anything for a good laugh.
        My dad is the oldest out of seven children so he knows from expeirence that life isn't always handed to you on a silver platter.  He has hit some rough spots but has overcome everything that has been thrown his way.  A big challenge he faced this year was to quit smoking.  Although it was not easy for him, he currently does not drink or smoke and I couldn't be prouder of him.
      In my opinion, a father figure is someone that pushes you to do your best and that's exactly what my dad does.  Weather it be making 100 free throws even if it's dark outside, to going the extra mile to maintain good grades.  He's never failed an opportunity to let me know that he's proud of me.  When i received MVP award on my volleyball team it was hard to tell who was more excited...me or my dad.  I admire that he enjoys the simply things in life and it doesn't take much to make him happy.
    My dad is my go-to guy, my bestfriend and my motivator.  I know that whatever life decides to through at us through the years, we'll stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment